Feelings of sadness and despondency easy familiar to almost everyone. Sometimes it happens that this state is literally envelops and accompanies a long period of time. Modern psychologists call depression a disease of the 21st century. First of all, it is a disease of the psyche, which has the characteristic symptoms. In this article we will discuss the most common symptoms of depression in women, consider the options out of this state and see what advise doctors about depression.
In women, depression occurs in about 2-3 times more often than men, due to the peculiarities of the psyche. It should be understood that this is by no means a weakness of character, and a serious disease that is accompanied by a dysfunction of the body, both psychologically and physically (loss of appetite, sleep, body weight).
So if you really met a person who suffers from this disease, there is no need to advise him to pull himself together, and the like. It also significantly affects the health, social life, relationships, family.
- Why is depression predominantly affects women?
- What are the symptoms manifest themselves in a period of depression in women?
- How can you get out of depression?
- You can try to get out of depression by yourself, for this there are several methods.
- If you decide to be treated for depression on their own with the help of drugs, it is worth to begin to understand their views.
- In this video you can see the doctors advice for those who suffer from depression.
First of all, this is largely due to the peculiarities of hormonal changes, especially in the childbearing age. Reproductive cycle goes through a number of different stages, from the first period and ending with her termination. This menstrual cycle, and pregnancy, and menopause. Absolutely each stage of significant changes in the hormonal background, which is accompanied by physiological changes in the body's functioning, including the psyche. These changes are associated with increased risk of depression.
- tearful depression (manifested in excessive self-pity, blaming others in the shortage of care and attention);
- ironic form (laughter and irony serve as a defense mechanism of the body to stress This is a rather dangerous form, because the woman is very active social life, but at the same time it is often visited by thoughts of suicide.);
- Postpartum depression (severe form of depression is enough, because it affects psychosomatics that generates antisocial behavior);
- adynamic depression (characterized by excessive fatigue, lack of strength, weakness, fencing of the world);
- asthenic form (complete or partial dulling of feelings and emotions females);
- seasonal depression (common among women in the spring and autumn seasons If you do not cope on their own, the situation may deteriorate significantly and move into a more serious form.);
- alarming form (being in a constant state of fear and excessive concern for self and family);
- physical depression (often occurs after the announcement of a serious illness, such as cancer or disability).
- psychotic depression (except depression accompanied by delusions and hallucinations is increasing the risk of harm to themselves.);
- bipolar form (. alternation of ascents mood, with a characteristic compulsive behavior, then slump hardest treatable);
- unipolar depression (also called large or symptomatic, because the symptoms are clearly expressed. This is a bad mood, low self-esteem, depression, lethargy).
Also, depression is divided into mild, moderate and severe. Accordingly, the higher the stage, the more difficult to overcome.
- insomnia or hypersomnia same;
- tearfulness, feeling of mistrust or for no particular reason, which can be replaced by unrestrained joy;
- irritability and conflict behavior;
- trouble concentrating his attention;
- lack of desire to live;
- suicidal thoughts:
- feeling of hopelessness and futility;
- loss of interest in usual cases, and pleasures;
- reduction or conversely increased appetite;
- melancholy mood, alternating with euphoria.
- the appearance of puffiness on the face, hands, legs;
- itching sensation on the skin;
- pain in the muscles and joints;
- tachycardia, unpleasant sensations in the heart;
- Blood pressure drops;
- excessive sweating;
- discomfort in the breast.
Generally, almost all cases of depression treatable, most importantly find the individual approach, to conduct a comprehensive therapy and choose the treatment regimen. If the disease is associated with hormonal changes in the body, then there need special selective pharmacological agents. Specific categories that are affected by this mental disorder: adolescents, pregnant and lactating women and girls.
Doctors are advised to conduct peer therapy in which the patient takes an active part, which makes it not only overcome the painful symptoms, but also to understand the nature of the occurrence of the disease, which will completely eliminate it.
At the moment, using various methods of treatment for depression:
- stimulation of the vagus nerve;
- electroconvulsive therapy;
- antidepressant therapy (also called medication);
- magnetic stimulation;
In addition, the complex psychologists advise to adhere to:
- a special diet;
- perform physical exercises;
- vitamin therapy;
The first is the use of folk remedies to combat this problem. In order to eliminate the internal stress, mood disorders and anxiety reduction, in alternative medicine recommend long courses to drink herbal teas and infusions. But in this case, before their use is necessary to consult with a specialist, since homeopathic remedies have a number of contraindications and possible side effects.
So, by the time-tested and human components include:
- pink radiogram, ginseng, Siberian ginseng, Chinese magnolia vine, Aralia, Leuzea (perfectly toned);
- rosemary, gentian pulmonary (restores energy balance with loss of strength);
- Valerian, Melissa, hops, mint, motherwort (have a sedative effect);
- lavender, heather, peony (assist with irritability, anxiety and insomnia);
- hawthorn, passion flower (improve blood circulation, reduced pressure);
- sagebrush and juniper (reduced elasticity of blood vessels, soothe the nervous system).
Knowing the cause of depression, usually decoctions are taken within 3-7 months.
Also, to strengthen the nervous system as possible after morning procedures as completion make wiping cold salt water (per liter salt put a spoon). And for soothing baths useful to add an infusion of leaves of poplar or decoction of pine needles. For even more relaxation in a warm bath, add a few tablespoons of honey. It does not hurt to add a few drops of essential oils such as lavender, peppermint and juniper.
Bath with a decoction of leaves and flowers of myrtle demonstrate an excellent restorative effect. Myrtle generally called healer of depression, so that from it you can even make a so-called bags and put them under the pillow, in order to sleep soundly. These pads can be made also of lavender, juniper and lemon balm.
Since essential oils contain substances that have a regenerating and toning effect on the body, then adding them can do a variety of massages. It restores the nervous system, and the whole body. But that's not all, because these oils can be sprayed into the air, which leads to a positive emotional reaction, but it stimulates the physiological and mental transformation and regeneration.
If you decide to be treated for depression on their own with the help of drugs, it is worth to begin to understand their views.
Generally, they are divided into antipsychotics, tranquilizers, antidepressants, sedatives, nootropics .
The most famous are the antidepressants. Today is used as a modern re-uptake inhibitors and tricyclic drugs. New have fewer side effects. Though there is an opinion that the latest antidepressant addiction does not occur, but it is not so. Depending on the form of the disease, prescribe a course of 4 to 12 months, but no more.
For a long time for the treatment of bipolar disorder used lithium salt , because it is able to reduce the racing mood. An important aspect is that you need to carefully control the dosage and the right amount can be toxic. Also it is not used for a number of diseases, such as thyroid or heart disease.
Carbamazepine and valproate. Stabilize mood and emotional background of these drugs will help. Both are widely used in clinical practice for the treatment of bipolar depression.
Yet, if you value your health, it is best to consult a specialist and appropriate treatment, so as not to cause your body more damage.