Medical oncourologist. An employee of the Department of Urology MSMSU (Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry), Member of the European Society of Urology, member of the working group of the Health Ministry chief urologist. Co-author of several scientific papers on urology at the Russian, French and English. Will talk about the problem of urinary incontinence in women, after 50 years of treatment.
Professional interests: oncourology, andrology, urogynecology; bladder cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, kidney stones, prostate adenoma, urethral stricture, urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, erectile dysfunction.
Every second woman stepped abroad in 50 years, faced with the problem of urinary incontinence. It is a pathological condition characterized by the inability to hold urine in the bladder .
However, many women find this symptom purely age-related changes in the body and do not seek professional help, which significantly their impairs quality of life , so at first simptomog should consult a doctor.
- Types of Incontinence:
- Urge - is characterized by a sharp urge to urinate;
- Stress - occurs due to the increased pressure within the bladder and the bladder on it by coughing, laughing, hard physical load;
- Mixed - accompanied by both a sharp urge and increased pressure on the bladder;
- Enuresis - nocturnal type of incontinence occurs due to urethral relaxation.
- Urinary incontinence in women after 50 years of treatment of folk remedies
- Bedwetting in women after 50 years of treatment
- Urinary incontinence in women after 50 years of treatment, tablets
- Urinary incontinence in women after age 50. Causes and Treatment
- Urinary incontinence in women after 50 years of treatment drugs
- Exercises of urinary incontinence in women after 50 years of treatment
- Urinary incontinence in women after 50 years of treatment operation
- Urinary incontinence in women drugs
- Drugs for urinary incontinence in the elderly
- Urinary incontinence in women treated at home
- Incontinence treatment climacterium
- Ovestin candles incontinence reviews
- Kegel exercises for women
Among other things, there are folk remedies to combat the disease.
Dill seeds. Fennel seeds - perhaps the most popular remedy for urinary incontinence. Infusion is used once a day in an amount of 200 ml.
Tablespoons seed fill with boiling water, after which it was infused over two hours and then filtered and drunk. You can take at any time of the day.
St. John's wort . I have worked well, and St. John's wort. It is mixed with centaury or leaves cranberries. Herbs are mixed in equal proportions, filled with boiling water and infused for 10-15 minutes. The infusion is best to drink in the afternoon.
It is also recommended to use infusion of yarrow (100 ml 3 times per day), sage or corn seeds .
For the prevention of urinary incontinence, doctors are advised to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it is recommended to quit smoking and drink alcohol, and perform Kegel exercises at least once a year to visit doctors for examination .
Medical therapy is usually administered to the patient with urge incontinence. In the treatment of incontinence using several groups of drugs:
- Antidepressants are recommended to receive patients with stress incontinence. They eliminate the signs of stress and relax, thanks to which the number of toilet visits is significantly reduced.
- Antispasmodics (Driptan, Spazmeks) reduces inflammation and increases the time between emptying the bladder.
- Hormonal treatments (Desmopressin and its analogues) aimed at combating atrophic changes in the urinary bladder.
- Anticholinergic drugs (Driptan).
- Vitamin complexes (groups B, A and C, folic acid).
With age, the human body's muscles weaken and become flabby, and bladder, a hollow muscular organ is no exception. He loses elasticity and no longer holds a sufficient amount of urine. But in women after 40-50 years due to hormonal changes atrophic changes also cover the urethra and vagina, so they are more likely to suffer from the age of urinary incontinence. When menopause due to lack of estrogen:
- urethral walls become flabby by lowering their tone and can not provide additional support to the bladder;
- the vaginal walls become thinner, too, but his weakened muscles supporting the urethra and worse.
The risk of losing control over urination during menopause is higher in obese women and many mothers who gave birth naturally. Due to pregnancy and childbirth the pelvic muscles that surround and support the urethra, vagina, rectum, stretch and become less elastic. Other risk factors are:
- infection (inflammation of the bladder becomes excessively irritable and prone to spazmaticheckim abbreviations);
- products, irritant bladder (spicy food, alcohol, sugar) and some drugs.
The second cause of urinary incontinence in women after 50 - changes in the cerebral cortex. In elderly people, it arises as a result of neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, vascular disorders, which are caused when advanced atherosclerosis.
The easiest way to primary diagnosis of urinary incontinence - cough sample. If the coughing patient feels that her urine is released, the sample is considered positive. After that the woman give a direction on analyzes (blood, urine, urine culture, microscopic examination of smears from the vagina and cervix) and conduct ultrasound of the kidneys, pelvic organs.
The doctor may ask the patient a few days to record how often she visits the toilet and urinates profusely far, is whether she had an uncontrollable urination. The diary also recorded observations, what medicines, food, drinks took a woman in those days, and how they affect the bladder.
Depending on the cause of the pathology doctor develops for women individual treatment policy: drug therapy, exercises to strengthen the muscles; or laser correction surgery. In mild cases of urinary incontinence in older women is facilitated through diet and cancellation of certain medications.
The main treatment of incontinence in menopause - hormone therapy: restoring estrogen levels helps to improve the state of the tissues of the vagina and urethra. If a woman is contraindicated such pills she prescribed the hormone estrogen cream that acts locally and does not penetrate into the bloodstream.
Other drugs act on the muscles of the bladder and sphincter: reduce the frequency of involuntary contractions of the bladder sphincter relaxes, improve muscle tone at atony. Sometimes the doctor prescribed to women "50" agents that reduce the amount of urine produced.
Urinary incontinence in postmenopausal women may provoke pills that they take for the treatment of chronic diseases. Such side effects give some sedatives (often prescribed for climacterium), diuretics, antihistamines, stimulants. After the abolition of drugs painful symptoms decrease or disappear.
At the initial stage of stress incontinence in women in menopause is used erbium laser «Incontilase». While working on the front wall of the vagina, it activates the growth of collagen fibers around the urethra. Becoming less mobile, the urethra is no longer sag and better to hold urine.
The procedure is painless, does not require pre-treatment and has no contraindications. Its duration - from 20 minutes to half an hour, and after treatment, the woman can go home. Laser correction incontinence menopause gives the result directly, but to secure it, the two treatment sessions carried out.
If senile urinary incontinence is not amenable to conservative treatment, the doctor suggests surgery. The most common surgical methods of treatment - a gel technique and the creation of additional support (sling) to the bladder.
- In the first case, the submucosa of the urethra sphincter administered in biopolymer gel. He narrows the lumen of the urethra, and urine leakage stops. Operation is performed under local anesthesia under the supervision of a cystoscope.
- The operation, which is called "synthetic loop" - a middle layer of the urethra is fed loop of graft polymer, creating additional support for the weakened bladder.
Gel method is easier to perform and less time-consuming. But surgery gives longer and more reliable results.
Use of medications from incontinence in women occurs usually acute and urgent forms of the disease, but has low efficiency. Formulations incontinence used to restore organ functions by increasing the volume. If the anatomical structure of the organ is not broken, the following drugs for urinary incontinence:
PAY ATTENTION! Do not tighten kidney problems to cancer, it is best to play it safe, and will need to do:
- Agonists. Raise the tone not only the walls of the urinary organs, but also the blood vessels. Chances of side effects, so they are rarely used ( "Gutron").
- Anticholinergic drugs for the treatment of reduced tonus of the bladder ( "Ubretit" "Omnic").
- Spazmalitiki. Relax smooth muscle, relieve spasms ( "Spazmeks", "Driptan").
- Antibiotics. Prescribe medicines in the presence of inflammation in the urine.
- Antidepressants and hormonal candles for delaying age-related changes.
In stressful form of the disease treatment drugs most commonly used for preparation for surgery, and as a rehabilitation (after surgery).
Bladder training helps teach him to be emptied "on schedule", gradually increasing the intervals between voiding. Her method is simple:
- in the first days of training go to the toilet on a schedule, every 30-60 minutes, not even feeling the urge. If it does not occur on time, turn your attention, try to relax and be patient;
- after a few days (you will feel yourself when you are ready), increase the intervals between voiding for half an hour and stick to this schedule for another week. Then again, increase the interval. Month and a half the bladder gets used to hold a urine for at least four hours.
by Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic floor muscles that support the bladder base. Their first results are visible after a month, the full course of exercises takes six months.
Women who have incontinence symptoms not amenable to conservative treatment, surgery is indicated.
Operation incontinence in women - more aggressive treatment and is associated with the possibility of complications. On the other hand - this is the only way to cure and long-term effect in severe cases. Most operations are directed to the treatment of stress urinary incontinence. However, you can discuss with your doctor the possibility of minimally invasive surgical procedures for the treatment of urge incontinence.
What should I consider?
Before you choose a method of operation, it is necessary to consult a doctor and make an accurate diagnosis. To do this you will need to pass a series of examinations.
If you plan to have children, the doctor will also recommend to refrain from surgery until you give birth to a child. Pregnancy and childbirth can neutralize the effect of the treatment.
Unfortunately, surgery can not help one hundred percent of the time. If you are suffering from mixed urinary incontinence, surgery will correct the symptoms of stress incontinence, urgency but will remain so after the surgery, you will need additional treatment (medications, bladder training, etc.). If incontinence is caused by damage to the nerves or muscles of the pelvic floor, surgery is not always able to completely rid you of the symptoms, the operation will ease the symptoms, but will not restore the damaged muscles and nerves.
Any surgery involves risks and possible complications. The operation can lead to urinary problems:
- Difficulty urinating,
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder,
- Development of overactive bladder,
- Prolapse of pelvic organs,
- Infection of the urinary system,
- Damage to the pelvic organs,
- Difficult or painful sexual intercourse.
Before the surgery, you will be able to discuss these issues with your doctor.
What types of operations for women exist?
Sredneuretralnye sling surgery in women
Sredneuretralnaya sling operation - this is currently the "gold standard" treatment of stress urinary incontinence in women. The essence of the operation is to use a special tape or hinges, the so-called sling, like a hammock that provides support to the urethra and bladder neck, thus performing the function of damaged or weakened urogenital diaphragm in a woman.
You can find another name for surgery - uretropeksiya, from the words of the urethra - the urethra and pexy - surgical fixation, in short surgical fixation of the urethra.
There are various techniques sling implantation. In the image presented below are the retropubic (TVT) and transobturator uretropeksii (TOT). In these processes, the tape recorded in different ways.
Drawing. Types of sling surgery in women.
The sling can be used as synthetic materials or own tissues. As the synthetic material polypropylene is the most widely used - it is indifferent to an organism and does not resolve, as a proper material - fascia tissue.
Sling operation using free synthetic loops or retropubic uretropeksiya free synthetic loop TVT (tension-free vaginal tape) - this is the most widespread sling operation incontinence in women. On it you can read the details in the article "TVT sling operations for urinary incontinence in women."
Retropubic colposuspension - an operation that consists in suspending the urethra, due to suturing the anterior vaginal wall to the pubic bone (operation Marshall-Marchetti-Krantz) or inguinal ligament Cooper (Borchu of operation).
The most common retropubic colposuspension Borchu. It can be carried out by open or laparoscopic access.
According to the European Association of Urology sling operation and retropubic colposuspension have similar efficacy in the treatment of urinary incontinence in women. However colposuspension - a more invasive procedure requiring general or epidural anesthesia, highly skilled surgeon and others.
Front colporrhaphy - surgery is often performed for urinary incontinence in women. Its essence consists in the dissection of the anterior vaginal wall adjacent the urethra allocation and bladder, vagina and then again tightly sutured, with the walls thereof as the pull together, that ensures the strengthening of the vagina, as well as stabilization of the urethra and the bladder neck.
This type of surgery is associated risk of fibrosis, sealing vaginal tissues. It characterized by a high rate of unsuccessful results, and the effect is often fickle and symptoms may return over time. Colporrhaphy not recommended for women who suffer from stress urinary incontinence without other pathology of the reproductive system (eg vaginal prolapse).
Lacunar injection in women
Lacunar injection performed by introducing artificial material around the urethra and bladder neck. Injections are made through the skin puncture through the urethra or vagina. Material surrounds the outlet of the bladder and urethra, thereby strengthening it and increasing the resistance of the wall. There are many drugs for injection, e.g., polytetrafluoroethylene, collagen, own adipose tissue, silicone, and others. The efficacy of agents is approximately the same. Most often, the procedure is performed transurethral access by cystoscopy.
According to the European Association of Urology periurethral injections are effective for urinary incontinence in women, but are temporary (up to three months), so repeated injections are required. Periurethral injection less effective than sling operation.
Sling operations now become widespread, often in some of the centers of their execution is offered to all women with urinary incontinence, regardless of its type and the presence of other diseases of the reproductive system. Therefore, choosing the place of treatment, it is important to find a clinic, staffed by highly qualified specialists to help you set the type of incontinence and choose the most suitable for your type of surgery.
Urinary incontinence often can be treated with medication, but before you take a variety of tablets, cure incontinence, to eliminate the disease and used a special technique of behavior (in the diagnosis of urge incontinence), and also Kegel exercises (if the diagnosis of stress incontinence).
Even if all the drugs act on the body positively, in terms of the elimination of all symptoms of incontinence, they can also have side effects, and also to engage in the most adverse interactions with other medications.
Stress incontinence in women - medicines that are used:
- Antidepressants - imipramine and duloxetine. Duloxetine is well helps control stress incontinence - it is well reduces the total amount of cases of it. How duloxetine on this problem affects not known yet. Imipramine well helps to relax the bladder, and also reduce all the muscles of his neck. It is at this stage, there is no complete study of the impact on the very problem of incontinence drug imipramine, but all the positive reviews of the application of its women are.
Urge incontinence is treated:
- Imipramine - antidepressant that can be used to treat two types of urinary incontinence - stress and urgent and. The use of this drug in the majority of cases, combined with the use of different anticholinergic drugs.
- Anticholinergics such as ditropan, detrol, oksitrol often have a positive effect on all incontinence, but they have side effects such as constipation and dry mouth, blurred vision, inability to urination. Formula prolonged action and also transdermal administration of certain drugs can significantly reduce the occurrence of side effects.
Urinary incontinence in older women tend to be triggered by estrogen deficiency. Hormonal therapy is designed to restore blood flow, the processes of nutrition and regeneration of tissues, muscles regain tone of the pelvic floor and to adjust other vital processes in the body, broken as a result of hormonal changes.
Preparations from urinary incontinence are appointed after a thorough and comprehensive examination of the female organism. Often, doctors prescribe Gutron, Ubretid and Cymbalta.
Gutron - this pill from urinary incontinence, which are assigned in conjunction with mandatory supervision of blood pressure. They restore contractile function of smooth muscle tissue of the urogenital tract. Ubretid increases the tone of smooth muscles of the bladder, ureter and urinary tract. It is indicated for diagnosing low muscle tone. Cymbalta - a medication that returns the contractile activity of the muscles of the sphincter of the bladder and urethra, through stimulation of the pudendal nerve.
Urgyen (imperative) urinary incontinence is due to a sudden involuntary contraction of the muscles of the bladder, causing an unbearable desire to go to the toilet, the urine can flow out spontaneously.
Depending on the frequency of urinary urgency, with or without loss of urine itself, distinguish rapid urine day (more than 8 times) and at night (2 or more), uncontrollable urination and urinary incontinence imperative. This disease is diagnosed:
- as a result of inflammatory processes of the urogenital system;
- with the onset of menopause;
- as a result of neurological diseases;
- as a complication after surgery;
- resulting in loss of muscle tone due to a sedentary lifestyle.
How to treat urinary incontinence herbs at home?
If enuresis and frequent urination accompanied by inflammation of the mucous membrane, the folk remedies should remove this inflammation. It must be remembered that the bacteria perish in an acidic environment, and help acidify organism teas rosehip or mixtures centaury Hypericum, or corn stigmas. Also suitable infusion of marshmallow root (6 g per cup of cold water, leave 10 hours), broths from the bark viburnum, ash, elm, infusion lingonberry berries and leaves in half with zveroboem, extract of dill seeds.
If bedwetting help the following recipe:
Take 2 of the seeds of parsley, 2 parts horsetail, and 1 part of heather, hops, lovage root, bean leaves. 1 tbsp. l. mixture brew 1 cup of boiling water and drink throughout the day
(HLS 2013, №10, p. 33)
Bedwetting in older women - treatment of folk remedies.
(Review of the Herald newspaper HLS 2013, №10, p. 33)
The woman managed to get rid of nocturnal enuresis, which she had appeared in 50 years. It helped her to a folk remedy: 1 tablespoon. l. honey, 1 tbsp. l. grated apple and 1 tbsp. l. grated onion. Mix all. Take 1 tbsp. l. three times a day before meals. Treatment of this mixture was only for a week - a week later the disease has passed, and now the woman is 86 years old and there was no recurrence.
Urinary incontinence - treatment at home under plantain.
Cure involuntary leakage of urine helps plantain - take the juice of plantain leaves 1 tbsp. l. 3 times a day. And will help the infusion of this plant - 1 tbsp. l. to 1 cup of boiling water to drink 1/4 cup 4 times a day. (HLS 2012, number 16, p. 31)
Folk remedies for urinary incontinence in women.
The woman helped cure bedwetting following traditional recipes:
1. 2 cups of milk boiled with 1 tbsp. l. honey, remove foam, add 2 tbsp. l. dill seed and 0.5 st. l. carrot seed. Fire shuts down and leave for 30 minutes. The milk is then filtered and drink throughout the day. After 10 days of application of this tool, end of suffering.
2. 0.5 cups planted oat flour and 1 cup of milk was added 1/4 cup of crushed raisins. The mixture was brought to a boil, then cooled slightly and the hot drink. This procedure must be done as often as possible to warm up the ureters.
3. Prepare infusion of leaves cranberries - 2 tbsp. l. 2 cups of water. The cooled broth has put berries kostiniki (1 cup). Left up until the liquid is slightly ferment. Rented a white film, filter and drink, berries can be eaten. The procedure is repeated 5-6 times. This is a folk remedy for strengthening the bladder. (HLS 2012, №18, p. 40)
How to treat urinary incontinence in the elderly herbs?
The woman in old age began incontinence. Get rid of this problem have helped these folk remedies.
1. Article 1. l. fennel seeds pour 1 cup boiling water, 1 hour, filter. Drink this infusion throughout the day in 2-3 doses.
2. Article 1. l. corn silk pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, leave for 30 minutes, drink half a cup 2 times a day.
3. 1 tbsp. l. peppermint pour 300 ml of boiling water, 1 hour 100 g take 3 times a day (HLS g. 2012, № 3, p. 32)
Another woman was able to cure involuntary copious urine using dill seeds, it applied a different dosage regimen. Seeds brewed in the same proportion - 1 tbsp. l. per cup of boiling water, but insisted the night in a thermos. In the morning, an hour before the lift, I drank the whole infusion and again went to bed. The course of treatment - 10 days. Then, 10 days off and a new course. The woman had to spend 3 of the course to the disease has passed. (2006, number 15, p. 31)
Urinary incontinence in the elderly - a popular treatment for a wasp.
1 tbsp. l. bark, twigs aspen pour 1 cup boiling water, boil for 10 minutes. Take 1/2 cup 3 times a day. This infusion also helps with chronic inflammation of the bladder, with frequent urination in men.
Especially effective application of this folk remedy, if incontinence occurs with diabetes - a decoction of the bark of aspen well lowers blood sugar. (HLS 2011, № 4, p. 37)
People's treatment of urinary incontinence cherry
The recipe is similar to the previous one, but instead of aspen bark and twigs of wild cherry bark is taken. The drink is not as bitter as the previous one, so drink it throughout the day as a tea. (HLS 2011, №8, p. 39)
Menopause in women is associated with a whole set of changes in the body. One of the most unpleasant physical and psychological terms, a manifestation of menopause is urinary incontinence. Despite significant discomfort that occurs when problems with urination, most women in menopause resign themselves to this state of affairs and do not try to treat.
When diagnosed with urinary incontinence?
When menopause incontinence is a common symptom. But it can be manifested in different types:
- Stress incontinence occurs when any physical activity. Laughing, coughing, physical exertion can cause uncontrolled discharge of urine.
- Urge incontinence occurs when significant accumulation of urine. However, the woman does not have time to run to the toilet, and the urine begins to flow spontaneously.
- A combined view combines both forms. That is, in women, a sharp urge to urinate followed by coughing, sneezing.
urinary problems may be accompanied by other problems. Urination is frequent and sometimes accession inflammatory factors and painful. If a woman has to go to the toilet for the night more than two times, urination is considered pathological. This state of affairs shows the changes that occurred in the urinary organs.
Abnormal urination when menopause: the main reasons
Since urination problems during menopause experienced by most women. Such symptoms were observed even in women who are premenopausal not faced with infection of the urinary system, kidney diseases.
The reason is the hormonal changes that occur in women during menopause. These changes affect not only the reproductive organs, but also affect the operation of other systems.
First of all, reducing the level of estrogen in women during menopause provoke deterioration of tissue elasticity. This is due to a decrease in collagen and elastin. It is these failures during menopause are the primary source of abnormalities in urination.
Climax provokes and other abnormalities in women who make it possible incontinence.
The state of the urinary organs are recognized factors as:
- Changes in tissue structure bladder. suffers himself uric due to loss of elasticity. Its walls become more stringent, not able to stretch. At the climax of uric becomes hyperactive, that is sensitive to the slightest irritation. In fact, there is an involuntary discharge of urine even when filled with urine, even in part. This explains the frequent visits to the toilet.
- Overweight. The appearance of extra kilos - a common occurrence during menopause. By the way the negative effects of obesity align and urination problems as under the pressure of his pelvic floor muscles experience increased load.
- Dryness of mucous membranes. Against the backdrop of fading of the reproductive function is reduced secretion synthesis. Such a process is primarily reflected in the vagina, but also affects the mucous crotch urinary canal. Constant irritation, itching, burning, lead to infection, which in turn becomes a cause of urinary incontinence.
At menopause many chronic diseases are exacerbated or do not come first. This is associated with metabolic disturbances. Women found calculi in the kidneys and failures in digestion, diagnosed thyroid or pancreas disease. Often begins at this time diabetes. Such deviations in health is not the best way affects the urinary system.
The consequences of incontinence
For most women, incontinence is not only physical but also psychological discomfort. Such changes are reflected throughout the life abutment. Dame virtually tied to the problem of mentally and indulges in many usual things. Sex, exercise, long walks are not available because of the possible consequences of incontinence. Even walking route or forced displacement is developed taking into account the location of public toilets.
The feeling of uncleanliness only exacerbate the problem. Daily scented pads often unable to cope with both the smell of urine, and with the volume of leaking urine. Woman thinks of her constantly reeks of urine, and she tries to avoid visiting public places.
The lady at the slightest possibility of conducting hygiene. A frequent cleaning the lead to more overdrying mucous and starts incontinence accompanied by itching, pain when urinating.
How we treat
Despite the moral and physical discomfort during menopause women resign themselves to the idea of the inevitability of incontinence and no attempt is made to get rid of the disease. This largely is due to shyness and fear to voice their problems aloud doctor, and because of not knowing information on how treatment of incontinence. But the available treatment could save a woman from the many unpleasant sensations.
Stress incontinence requires drug therapy. In the initial stages of the treatment is:
- Drugs that improve the tone of the sphincter and the urethra. Typically prescribed Driptana tablets Detruzitola, Vesicare, Spazmeksa.
- Tools that can restore elasticity and firmness of the muscles. This type of drugs can be Ubretida, Reminyl, neostigmine, Nivalin, Aksamona, Neuromidin.
- Drugs, has a calming effect on the nervous system, in the form of Cymbalta, duloxetine.
Some ladies not require additional treatment, since the problem of incontinence is eliminated hormonal drugs used for correction condition during menopause. Help and homeopathic remedies. Women positive about Remens, Klimaksane, Klimadinon.
Surgical treatment is guaranteed to eliminate the incontinence, but many women are afraid of such interference and to postpone the decision until the last moment.
Typically, incontinence held little traumatic operation:
- With the application of the sling. Elastic mesh sling under local anesthesia is applied in the area of the urethra, which helps to hold it in its normal position, and prevents spontaneous leakage of urine. However, after such an operation the disease may recur.
- With the use of drugs. Directly in the area of the submucosal space to administer the drug in the form of collagen, silicone, fatty tissue that helps to restore the natural state of urethral anatomy. soft tissue deficit is offset, and the problem persists. Over time you may need additional correction or other medical treatment.
- Colposuspension. Such interference provides lift tissue located in the urethra. They are fixed to the inguinal ligament. This operation is carried out laporaskopicheski, is considered the most efficient, but complex in execution.
- Colporrhaphy. It provides lift walls of the vagina, which helps to eliminate the pressure on the bladder and, therefore, problems with urination.
Medical and surgical therapy are meaningless without the participation of the patient. To cope with the problem, it is necessary to try to urinate on schedule, avoiding unnecessary visits to the toilet just in case. As well as women have to give up foods that irritate the urinary, and to include in its schedule a 20-minute walks.
Video familiarize yourself with the methods of treatment of urinary incontinence problems during menopause and menopause:
Do you still think that the climax - it's awful?
- Mood swings and tension in relations with close ...
- Pressure jumps up and down periodically - rabid heartbeat ...
- Sweating in the bath ...
- Flushes cause such a state that does not want to live ...
- Not to mention the headaches, weight gain and skin aging.
All these are obvious symptoms of menopause, but Elena Malysheva says: to overcome the menopause period can easily be that it proves by example.
Due to age-related changes in the fair sex is subject to the development of the urogenital disease patterns. Candles from urinary incontinence is one of modern medicines, which can lead to normal female hormonal system and thus improve the functioning of the bladder. Furthermore, suppositories optimize processes circulation, reduced tissue structure, muscle tone. One of the most popular tools is Ovestin, compensate for the lack of estrogen.
Description of the preparation
Ovestin candles are used for the treatment of various urinary disorders. The effectiveness of the drug is confirmed by many positive reviews of patients who used them on prescription. Proper use of the product allows to increase resistance to infection systems, eliminate pain during sexual intercourse to reduce the unpleasant symptoms of enuresis.
The main active ingredient - a female hormone estriol. Its duration is insignificant, because the components can not be kept long in the nuclei of cells.
Ingredients promotes resumption of vaginal epithelial tissue while their atrophic changes. Such diseases are more common in women during menopause, when hormonal changes the body occurs.
- discomfort in the vagina.
Suppositories help avoid all these manifestations.
They are particularly effective at causing pain during urination, incontinence, part of its allocation. Sometimes it means prescribe for infertility treatment, prevention.
Side effects and contraindications
Using Ovestin for the treatment of bladder without assigning specialist can lead to serious consequences. There is a great likelihood of acyclic spotting, increased immune reactivity to certain barrier composite formulation voltage breast, amplification pain when urinating.
Before the introduction of a suppository, the doctor evaluates the patient's condition and the risk of adventitious reactions. The main ones are:
- benign or malignant neoplasia;
- pulmonary embolism;
- thrombosis in the lower extremities;
- heart attack;
- hemorrhagic purpura;
- biliary tract disease.
The tool is not appointed during pregnancy and lactation. If the pregnancy during therapy, the medication should be discontinued immediately. There are a number of contraindications, which allow for the appointment of candles:
- heart attack;
- severe hepatic disease;
- the development of estrogen-dependent tumors;
- endometrial hyperplasia.
Especially carefully considered enuresis and the whole history of the patient's disease, who underwent breast cancer or had a suspicion of such a disease. In such cases, the drug is not recommended for use. Precautions its discharged jaundice, elevated blood pressure, migraine, diabetes, endometriosis, epilepsy.
As practice shows, after treatment in patients experiencing significant improvement in vaginal microflora, normalize hormones indicators, functioning of the urinary system. After the introduction of suppositories incontinence often causes a burning sensation at the application site. Soon it passes.
Eliminate incontinence is possible only through an integrated approach. Begin treatment with strengthening the muscle tissue. This helps exercises, which are called in medical practice "Kegel exercises".
The exercise is performed sitting and is in tension and relaxation of the muscles responsible for urination. Imaginary stream of urine the patient should stop using their own efforts and to keep the muscles in a state first by a few seconds, gradually bringing to a couple of minutes. Train your muscles at least 4 times a day.
In the future, this exercise can be done with loads, that is, during sneezing, coughing. If a woman difficult to carry out this exercise, it is recommended to start training with the artificial termination of the urination.