For most of us is more typical state of deficiency of vitamins or minerals in the body. Often lack one or more essential elements for our health.
Nature arranged for us in such a way that the body sends a signal of lack of vitamins and minerals itself. It is important to listen to yourself, in time to coordinate nutrition and intake of vitamins and minerals.
The role of magnesium in the body.
80% of people are deficient in magnesium.
Magnesium is particularly noteworthy, since, according to scientists estimate about 80% of people feel the lack of it.
Magnesium - a critical mineral for health, performing a wide range of biological functions and is responsible for the work of many of the processes occurring in the body:
- It promotes bone formation and ensures their strength, the growth and the possibility of rapid regeneration (restoration).
- It is essential for normal functioning of the nervous and excitable tissues that conduct electrical impulses: the heart, the brain.
- Ensure the normal functioning of the muscles.
- It is responsible for the functioning of the CNS.
- It contributes to a better absorption of calcium by the body.
- It is a powerful source of energy.
- digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats;
- energy production in the body by activating the molecules of ATP - universal energy source;
- it is a building block for DNA and RNA;
- It participates in the creation of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, which are transmitted via nerve impulses and muscle contraction occurs.
Magnesium is involved in almost 300 reactions of the human body.
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency in women.
Muscle cramps - symptoms of magnesium deficiency, calcium and potassium. In large quantities, they are contained in almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin, broccoli, apples.
- "Goosebumps" on the body, itchy skin, feeling cold, tingling, muscle twitching.
- Cramps in the legs.
- Memory impairment.
- chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Brittle bones and, as a result, the occurrence of osteoporosis, vertebral compression fractures.
- Violation of the psycho-emotional state: tearfulness, anxiety.
- Frequent SARS on the background of the lowered immunity caused by magnesium deficiency.
- Hair loss, fragility and weakness of the nail plate, caries.
- sleep disturbances, feeling of weakness, even after the rest.
- performance decline.
- Disruption of the digestive tract: abdominal pain, flatulence, constipation, diarrhea.
No magnesium, no serotonin - the hormone of joy.
Causes of magnesium deficiency in the body.
Magnesium deficiency may be due to several factors:
- Unbalanced diet.
- Bad habits: smoking, alcohol. Toxic substances entering the body, is eluted therefrom many vitamins and minerals, including magnesium.
- Prolonged stress.
- Severe disease.
- Pregnancy, lactation.
- Professional sports, excessive physical activity.
Magnesium deficiency in women during pregnancy.
Magnesium deficiency - a common problem for women in the state. Its decline is due to the fact that a growing body picks up the item in large quantities. After all, magnesium is responsible for the growth and development of the musculoskeletal system, which is important for the growing fetus. Due to lack of magnesium may increase a woman's uterine tone, and as a result, even a miscarriage can happen. To reduce the risk of miscarriage, all the women in the position of the first months of prescribed drugs with magnesium. The most common is a means of "Magne B6."
Products containing magnesium.
Vivacity, bone strength, good mood, good sleep - all this we must magnesium. If this element in your body is not enough, then you need to fill its reserves. This can be done by increasing the amount in the diet products containing magnesium, as well as use vitamin supplements and drugs based on magnesium.
The daily magnesium requirement for women is 350 mg.
Products containing magnesium in large quantities:
|number||products||The percentage content of magnesium in 100 grams of product|
|1||rice bran||200% of normal|
|5||Seeds of watermelon||125%|
Beans, soybeans, peas. Well enough magnesium found in foods such as:
- Cereals: buckwheat, barley, pearl barley.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Nuts: peanuts, almonds, cashews.
- Natural chocolate, cocoa.
- Mineral water.
To magnesium is well absorbed by the body need calcium. This element in many dairy products: milk, cottage cheese, as well as in marine fish, beef liver, yeast.
Unfortunately, today we are faced with the fact that natural sources of useful elements themselves have a very low content of magnesium and other minerals. The reason - the herbicides that are widely used to control weeds: they contain substances that block the absorption of minerals by plants from the soil.
As a result, the products that we are on the table, even if initially they laid the ability to accumulate certain minerals, are very poor in magnesium. This is the main reason why modern doctors recommend magnesium in the form of food supplements.
The use of magnesium, video.